I don’t get sick often but when I do it makes me think that sick days are wasted on actually being sick. So, once in a while, maybe once a year or every other year, we should really take a sick day while we’re perfectly healthy and able to enjoy it.
- Cancel everything. Call in sick. Refuse to leave your house for an entire day.
- Sleep in! If you have to get up to send someone else off to work or school, do so but then climb back into bed.
- Don’t put in your contact lenses or brush your hair. Pretty much ignore mirrors entirely.
- Wear your comfy clothes and drag your blanket and pillow to the couch with you.
- Watch shows you would never watch if anyone was looking. We’re talking daytime television here and when it gets boring, nap.
- Read books. Drink tea. Eat your comfort foods, diets be damned! And do it all from your comfy nest of blankets and cushions.
- Do absolutely nothing productive for a whole day.
Try it out! Because I’m pretty sure that being home sick would be pretty great if it wasn’t for the sick part.