What happened in 2019.
- I stopped being lactose intolerant! I don’t have any answers for you. I don’t know what happened or why but I’m not going to ask either because now I can eat cheese again.
- We finally went to Japan! Phong and I have been wanting to visit Japan forever and we were saving up for the last couple years. It was amazing! We can’t wait to go again.
- I finished a couple more manuscripts and started querying agents for one and publishers for the other.
- My mom’s husband, Pat, passed away. This hit us really hard. Pat was one of the kindest, warmest people I have ever known. I got to spend the start of the year with Pat and my mom here in Sweden and made some incredible memories. I am so happy to have had that time with him.
- I took an impromptu trip to the states to be with my mom for 7 weeks. It was my first time in Oregon! Having grown up in California and then lived my adult life in Sweden, I was not prepared for that level of moisture. Or the spiders. One managed to get into the car with us on the dashboard. I, of course, noticed it while we were driving and yelled “Holy shit!” scaring my mom who thought we were going to get hit by a car. When she saw the spider she grabbed a water bottle (never losing her focus on the road) and whack-a-moled that bitch.
- Oh! And I prepared a novella to self-publish this upcoming year. It’ll be my first go at self-publishing!
It’s been an eventful year. Not one of my more productive ones though. But I got to see a lot of family and friends and do some traveling. Really hoping to get a couple books published this next year. Fingers-crossed!