I’ve never been particularly sentimental about New Years but I do love the opportunity to make lists and organize. It’s like each year is a drawer full of the things we did, thought, read, and experienced.
- I published my first novel, Vanity in Dust
- Did a bunch of writing and editing on other projects
- Read piles of books
- Wrote a scifi
- Put together half a dozen Ikea things
- Visited my family in California
- Dyed my hair pink (admittedly, I did very little of the work, but I did sit still for a long time)
- Visited New York for the first time ever
- Went blonde
- Turned 30
And what do I hope to put into the drawer of 2018?
- Publish the second book in the Crowns & Ash series, Detox in Letters
- Read all the books piled in my Amazon cart plus all the ones I run into this year
- Figure out how to put screws in that concrete wall in my kitchen
- Find an agent for my scifi series
- Do a bunch of book giveaways!
- Get pastel mermaid hair
- Publish a horror
- Write at least one more book
Wish me luck! And I hope all of your years get better and better.