I’ve never been particularly sentimental about New Years but I do love the opportunity to make lists and organize. It’s like each year is a drawer full of the things we did, thought, read, and experienced.
- I published my first novel, Vanity in Dust
- Did a bunch of writing and editing on other projects
- Read piles of books
- Wrote a scifi
- Put together half a dozen Ikea things
- Visited my family in California
- Dyed my hair pink (admittedly, I did very little of the work, but I did sit still for a long time)
- Visited New York for the first time ever
- Went blonde
- Turned 30
And what do I hope to put into the drawer of 2018?
- Publish the second book in the Crowns & Ash series, Detox in Letters
- Read all the books piled in my Amazon cart plus all the ones I run into this year
- Figure out how to put screws in that concrete wall in my kitchen
- Find an agent for my scifi series
- Do a bunch of book giveaways!
- Get pastel mermaid hair
- Publish a horror
- Write at least one more book
Wish me luck! And I hope all of your years get better and better.
The beautiful picture at the top is another amazing photo by Linn Arvidsson of Books and Knitting. Check out her webpage or add her on instagram if you like pretty book pictures in your feed.
After living in Sweden for six years I finally, for the first time ever, went to an IKEA!
I had no idea IKEA was so much fun! I did, although, know that Phong would be crazy entertaining wherever I happened to take him.
Here he is trying out the stability of a bed for pull ups. He still talks about this bed, by the way.
He leafed through magazines, lounged on couches and even tested every tablet he came across–just in case it actually worked.
He spent a couple minutes tidying up the umbrellas. We were here for hours!
Lunch time at IKEA! I had no idea how great this place was.
Do all IKEA cafeterias have these adorable tray carts? I love them so much! We didn’t really need to take a cart, we were three adults, but come on!
I also loved the conveyor belt that takes away your dishes! I wish my kitchen had one of these..
Phong and I are playing with the idea of an IKEA weekend, like a vacation, but we’ll go to IKEA instead of the beach or a cabin.