I’ve never been particularly sentimental about New Years but I do love the opportunity to make lists and organize. It’s like each year is a drawer full of the things we did, thought, read, and experienced.
- I published my first novel, Vanity in Dust
- Did a bunch of writing and editing on other projects
- Read piles of books
- Wrote a scifi
- Put together half a dozen Ikea things
- Visited my family in California
- Dyed my hair pink (admittedly, I did very little of the work, but I did sit still for a long time)
- Visited New York for the first time ever
- Went blonde
- Turned 30
And what do I hope to put into the drawer of 2018?
- Publish the second book in the Crowns & Ash series, Detox in Letters
- Read all the books piled in my Amazon cart plus all the ones I run into this year
- Figure out how to put screws in that concrete wall in my kitchen
- Find an agent for my scifi series
- Do a bunch of book giveaways!
- Get pastel mermaid hair
- Publish a horror
- Write at least one more book
Wish me luck! And I hope all of your years get better and better.
The beautiful picture at the top is another amazing photo by Linn Arvidsson of Books and Knitting. Check out her webpage or add her on instagram if you like pretty book pictures in your feed.
My firsts goals in writing were to finish my books and be published. I’ll never be done finishing books, because there’s always another one waiting to be written, but this year my first book was published.
So, what do the rest of my author goals look like at the moment?
See my book on a store shelf. I get excited whenever I see Vanity in Dust anywhere. I’m sure I’ll have a full on giggle fit when I see it on a store shelf.
Finish the Crowns & Ash series. I can’t wait to get to that ending! I have the second and third written and the fourth and fifth outlined.
Science Fiction! I want to publish a scifi series. Space ships, high tech adventure, pirates, maddening viruses and androids! I have the roughest rough draft of the first book waiting in line to be revised and I am so excited that I dream about it.
Fanfiction! It would be a real “achievement unlocked” moment for me if anyone was ever so interested and invested in one of my worlds that they would write a fanfic for it. And the stranger the better.
Write enough books that I can start doing hilarious dedications. I love funny dedications! But I have a list of people I want to sincerely dedicate books to that I should probably get through first.
Publish horror novels. I like writing scary books and would love to see some of those published too.
I’m sure there’s more but maybe that’s enough for right now. We’ll see how many more I come up with in another year.