I’ve never been particularly sentimental about New Years but I do love the opportunity to make lists and organize. It’s like each year is a drawer full of the things we did, thought, read, and experienced.
- I published my first novel, Vanity in Dust
- Did a bunch of writing and editing on other projects
- Read piles of books
- Wrote a scifi
- Put together half a dozen Ikea things
- Visited my family in California
- Dyed my hair pink (admittedly, I did very little of the work, but I did sit still for a long time)
- Visited New York for the first time ever
- Went blonde
- Turned 30
And what do I hope to put into the drawer of 2018?
- Publish the second book in the Crowns & Ash series, Detox in Letters
- Read all the books piled in my Amazon cart plus all the ones I run into this year
- Figure out how to put screws in that concrete wall in my kitchen
- Find an agent for my scifi series
- Do a bunch of book giveaways!
- Get pastel mermaid hair
- Publish a horror
- Write at least one more book
Wish me luck! And I hope all of your years get better and better.
The beautiful picture at the top is another amazing photo by Linn Arvidsson of Books and Knitting. Check out her webpage or add her on instagram if you like pretty book pictures in your feed.